- Interact with managed care organizations, healthcare professionals, clinical investigators, and other healthcare organizations providing fair, balanced, and scientifically rigorous medical and clinical information.
- Meet with healthcare professionals who might be interested in engaging in a scientific discussion regarding a product’s medical and clinical profile in the context of approved prescribing information as well as in response to unsolicited questions or requests for information which may involve off-label information. (Unsolicited means that the information request was neither suggested nor encouraged by the MSL or sales representatives).
- Participate in the development and implement tactics identified in the Medical Affairs Plans (MAP).
- Work with clinical research personnel to identify potential investigators clinical research projects, based on the investigator’s expertise and access to appropriate patients.
- Alert investigators to company program for Investigator Initiated Study Proposals, working together with the medical manager on the process for submitting investigator designed proposals for review and approval; encourage and facilitate research publication of investigator initiated studies, in strict compliance with company policy and local country regulations.
- When requested (and consistent with local SOPs), may represent the Medical Department at Local or Regional Medical events (e.g. Medical Congresses and Symposia.)
- Facilitate the submission and publication of the study result from investigator initiated or company initiated projects.
- Candidates to possess a master degree in the life sciences (MD, Pharm.D, or Pharmacist, Biology) preferably with a specialization in the experience of Oncology.
- Requires strong scientific baseline knowledge in therapeutic area, clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and eagerness to learn more in depth in therapeutic area.
- Strong, confident and engaging presentation skill, and capable for customer facing.
- Outstanding communication and skills and the ability to function within a team environment.
- Proactive “can do” attitude and passion for the science related to the products and associated therapeutic area.