- Involvement with the composition and production of a wide range of different types of documentation concerned with health care and medical topics.
- Strong skills in such areas not only as writing but also analytical and research skills; as well as some knowledge in the medical field and regulatory policies / requirements for documents used in regulatory submissions.
- Strong writing skills and a firm understanding of medical terms.
- Use diagrams, anatomical images, photographs and charts to explain medical content, so proficiency with word processing software is a must.
- Understand CFDA regulations and follow all steps in the submission and approval process.
- Effectively translate medical and scientific material, including biostatistics, so readers fully grasp complex terms, data, and conclusions.
- Researching is a required job skill, so familiarity with reputable medical journals, regulatory requirements, and clinical research publications is a plus.
- A medical writer shall have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in health science. Advanced degree, such as MSc, M.D, Pharm.D. or Ph.D. in health care or a scientific field is a plus.
- Past experience as a medical writer with a pharmaceutical / biotech company is highly desirable.
- The medical writer must ensure that his/her writing is accurate, trustworthy, and ethical.
- Fact-checking, consulting with research physicians, scientists, regulatory affairs staff, statisticians, and corresponding PIs are job requirements as well.
- The ability to comprehensively discuss medical topics, without bias or partisanship is the core competency of a medical writer who is interested in pursuing a career with Hutchison MediPharma.