- Optimizes medical excellence throughout all products lifecycles.
- Provides input into local study feasibility and site recommendation. Implements publication for the therapy area(s).
- Strategic planning and support of structured and consistent Continuous Medical Education (CME) activities including the 3rd party congresses.
- Focusing on country MA strategy, with a heavy emphasis on helping to develop regional medical strategy, support of strategic planning for medical support of Company business including clinical development.
- Manages the medical activities for (a) therapy area or areas for a country and may partners with Global Clinical Operations (GCO) in conducting clinical trials.
- Be responsible for establishing, managing and owning local Scientific Leader, investigator, and other key stakeholder relationships in the therapy area(s).
- Advises business units or collaborating partners on medical and scientific matters in the therapy area(s).
- Provides medical and scientific training to the field force, Global Clinical Operations and others as required.
- People management: identify and recruit highly qualified people, develop individual people training program to strengthen his/her team professional skills and expertise knowledge.
- Develop, initiate and implement effective retention and development plan for his team ensuring implementation of the company’s Compliance and policy SOPs
- MD of Oncology required, PhD of other related areas as optional.
- 3+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry with exposure to the role of medical advisor of Oncology products.
- Basic knowledge in PMSS trial design and conduct, direct experience in designing a post-marketing Phase 4 trial protocol in oncology disease area.
- Direct experience in supporting company scientific events at medical congress / conference (e.g., ad board meeting; satellite symposium; poster publication, etc.)
- Understanding of policy/healthcare country regulations and proven ability to communicate company policies.
- Strategic thinking, specifically related to life-cycle management strategy and execution.
- Strong judgment, prioritization and decision-making skills with the ability to understand how decisions fit into the broader context of corporate strategies.
- Demonstrated agility to motivate, mentor, manage, develop others, and provide clear, unambiguous expectations and priorities for the team – of own staff or through networks. Comfort and confidence in working with diverse teams and backgrounds.